Friday, March 9, 2012

My Cheeks Hurt from Smiling!


Can you do permanent damage by smiling too much??? If so then, I am in really big trouble! Monday in the mail there was a package from Quilters Newsletter Magazine. I hurried and opened it and there was the April/May edition. I opened it and right in the center is a 4 page, colored pictures and everything article on the Panguitch Quilt Walk Festival. How cool is that!!!!

Dana Jones the editor, came last year to see what the Quilt Walk was and to see about the Patchwork Parkway. She stayed with us in the cottage and we really enjoyed her. She was going to write an article on us, and I assumed it would be a one page story. I was totally blown away by the whole thing! No wonder I have always loved Quilters Newsletter!

Even though I retired last year after 14 years of doing the Quilt Walk I am so proud of where it is today. There are wonderful people to take over and keep it going. That's the best part of it. It is a wonderful event for our town and for each and everyone of you who come.

Also in that issue is an article on Cathy Miller, the Singing Quilter. She was here last year also and what a wonderful lady. Truly grace personified. We enjoyed her and John so much. So turn the page after the Quilt Walk story and read about Cathy.

So, make sure you find one and check it out and think of me with that big smile on my face!

Happy as can be!

Claudia

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I'm gonna have to run right out and pick up a copy. How exciting for you, and what great PR for the event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Claudia this is fantastic. i have gone on a magazine search 3 times for this issue. Maybe by now it is is the stores . i'll try again today cuz i cant wait to read it. You are unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a new facebook page as well:

    https://www.facebook.com/#!/PanguitchQuiltWalkFestival

    ReplyDelete